If you would like to eat out on your arrival evening you will need to book local restaurants in line with new guidance.
- The Bistro at the Pheasant is the closest ( 8 mins walking distance ) You can either phone their central reservations team on 0191 580 3610 or email [email protected] which needs to be done at least 24 hours in advance . Please note they are currently undergoing refurbishment and will not be open until Summer 2021. Please check and make alternative arrangements if necessary.
- A few minutes away by car is The Lakes Distillery (017687 88850)
- The Sun at Bassenthwaite ( 017687 76439) or
- The De Brito Craig's Wheatsheaf Inn in Embleton (017687 76416).
- Bassenthwaite Lake Station Cafe - dine in a refurbished train carriage next to the Silver Meadows Nature Reserve please see bassenthwaitelakestation.com for more information
There are also many choices in Keswick and Cockermouth. Please check out Trip Advisor for the best recommendations and most up to date information.
The other highly rated restaurants in Cockermouth include
- The Honest Lawyer 01900 824888,
- The Castle Bar 01900 829904 or
- Blocks Steakhouse 01900 823654.
They all have menus available online. We would definitely recommend booking as far in advance as you can.